Monday, January 3, 2011

before it comes down

today is the last day we'll have the tree up.

before it comes down i thought i'd have fun with it & play with bokeh. so thanks to wikihow i made my first bokeh filter!


my makeshift bokeh filter


here's the bokeh effect i got from our tree lights using my new lens & the filter i made...


so fun!

i need to experiment with it more because i found i had to set my lens to manual to get the effect. otherwise, the automatic setting got confused with the filter being there & couldn't focus on anything beyond the filter. i've read about making the shape opening larger than the sensor, but when i did this i couldn't make it work. i will continue to play around with it, but suggestions are welcome!!

i'd like to make a special shout out to chris & his family, jack, di, jeff, & amy, for the new 35mm f1.8 nikkor lens they gave me for christmas. you are all so very thoughtful, thank you so much!! i love it.

No comments: