Tuesday, January 4, 2011

succulents

went to the garden centre today.

i think i fell in love with the succulents. i love their colour & shape. water drops seem to delicately settle ever so lightly on these sweet puffy leaves, preserving their perfect clear spherical domes.


also found here


this one came home with me :)

succulents remind me of a plant that hung above the kitchen sink of the house i grew up in. it was my sister's plant & its leaves looked like fat cute little grapes. i remember going to the garden centre with my mom & my sister. we both got to pick out our very own plant to take care of. i picked out a pretty plant with green & pink spotted leaves. my sister picked the succulent grape plant. mine lasted for about a week... hers, probably about 5 years.

... i'm hoping i can keep the succulent i picked out alive for more than a week!

i had forgotten how peaceful a garden centre can be. there were birds chirping, water running, lush greenery everywhere... it was like a breath of fresh air. i wish i could package that feeling somehow & carry it with me wherever i go. i have to work tomorrow. the last four days being off was so lovely. i will do my best not to get too stressed when work gets busy & if it ever gets to me, i'll remember to go to my happy garden centre place!

No comments: